The Church I See

This Sunday at the Suncoast we begin a new series called "The Church I See" and basically I am just going to share my heart and vision and passion for our church.

As I have been thinking about this some of these things came to mind:

I see a church so full of life that people crowd the doors each week just waiting for them to open so they can hurry and get a good seat like it is Taylor Swift or Dave Matthews’s concert at the Ford Amphitheater. I see a church where people invest their lives into their friends and neighbors lives and then inviting them week after week until they show up at the Suncoast. I see a church where the people are so passionate about God and others that it cannot be ignored by the community. I see dozens of people in teams serving the community each month and meeting not just spiritual needs but physical needs. I see a church were the music is so rocking that you have to pass out ear plugs for the unprepared. I see a church where the kid’s ministry is better than anything Disney could come up with. I see a church where the student ministry is not just a place to hang out but a place where hundreds of teenagers become a generation passionate for Jesus. I see a church that has seen over a 1,000 people accept Jesus and baptized by its 10th birthday. I see a church that loves and accepts each other and everyone that walks through the doors. I see a church where that love is so contagious people are drawn to it. I see a church where people become lasting friends and do life together. I see a church where people are there for each other when life falls apart. I see a church where hundreds of people serve every Sunday and are a part of making something bigger than themselves happen every week. I see a church where people "get it" that we are the church, and we are here not for ourselves, but for the world. I see a church full of people with a "Whatever it takes attitude" for reaching our community with the love and grace and power of risen Jesus! That is “The church I See.”

I hope you will do everything you can to attend THIS Sunday 3.21 as we talk about what the church could and should be and how you play a part that is bigger than you know.

For more info: www.CanThisBeChurch.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

i very adore your own writing type, very charming.
don't give up as well as keep penning considering it just good worth to look through it,
looking forward to browse alot more of your own content, kind regards ;)

Anonymous said...

this is probably the best church planting blog I have ever come across. such authenticity, in the good times and the bad.