Daniel Fast Day Three

So today I had to fast from my fast. I had to get some blood work done this morning and had to fast for that. Usually, since there is a Burger King right there on the corner and since I feel like I should be rewarded for fasting I get some b-fast from there as a pick me up. But, not today. I came home and had Ezekiel bread and strawberries. I can't imagine how Jesus must have felt when He was being tempted during His 40 day fast! Jesus truly knows what temptation is all about, even when you are at your weakest. So, when you feel weak today, call on Him!

Also, got to share with my Doctor about the fast and why we were doing it. Maybe she will come to church one day soon?

Here is today's reading and prayer guide:

Read Acts 5 & 6

Pray: that God would give our church favor in this community. Pray that God would open doors for us. Pray that we would know greater opportunities to reach out to more people.

Here is another recipe:

Basic Grilled Portobello (For the steak lovers!)

Brush mushrooms on both sides with olive oil and season with garlic and your choice(s) of seasoning to taste. (We used Montréal steak seasoning) Grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until just cooked through. We then topped with grilled onion and mushroom.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I feel like this message was meant just for me~ I am sure others felt it too... but your words could not have been more true for me... I am still "gung-ho" but Tuesday the ole devil really tried hard to knock me off track... but he failed!!!! It was a tough day for me as I was dealing with some difficult family matters but God prevailed and as a result... so did I!!! My dry bones are beginning to soak in the dew every morning~!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to give us your encouragement... it is something that is helping me sustain this fast and I look forward to it every day!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!!