This past Sunday was the 300th service at Church of the Suncoast. Go God!!! He has not let us down in 300 tries. When I stop and think that all this started from literally nothing more than a dream and some faith it is pretty amazing. We literally had no people, no money, and no building and in a matter of months we pulled off service #001. And, since that Sunday in 2006 there has always been a location to meet in, enough people to get it all done, enough money to pay the bills, enough people in the seats to celebrate, and enough life change to keep us going one more Sunday. We have had a lot of ups and downs, had a ton of change to deal with, but our church is a survivor. For 300 services we have never wavered from one thing:
The church is not about us, we are here for this community, for those that don't yet know Jesus!
If you missed our 300th celebration (shame on you) but here were a few of the highlights:
- The band came out with water pistols in honor of one of my favorite sayings, "We are going to charge hell with a water pistol."
- We had a special video where some people shared thoughts about their memories from the past 3 to 300 services:
- We asked people to bring some kind of handout, t-shirt, program, picture... something they kept that was memorable and we had a few seconds to share what it was, and why it was meaningful, a little audience "show and tell".
- I shared my top 10 favorite services:
- My number 1 favorite service was NEXT Sunday! Because our best days are still to come! When our little bit of faithfulness intersects with God's faithfulness, things happen, movements begin, things explode. It will happen guys!
- We then sang "We Unite" as a rallying cry and it was on to "Balanced" part 4.
PUMPED about what the next 300 will look like. Let's do this!!!
Don't forget we have Baptism and Child Dedications on Feb 12th. To get info or sign up please e-mail us at: