Two Big Thoughts from Galatians

Still in the Book of Galatians for my Bible time in the AM's... Came across two big thoughts that kind of hit me over the head this week. One is for church leaders and one is for everyone.

In Galatians 6:4 Paul says this:
"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else."

The part that kind of jumped out at me as a church leader was "you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else." The day before I read this, I had responded to a comment by Anne Jackson on twitter. She asked if anyone gets the blues at church conferences and stuff like that. And, I always do. During the breaks of church conferences so many people start the peeing contest game. Who can out do the next guy. Plus you are usually at some mega church that just blows you away with their music and production and facilities so for me I always get the blues.

But, Paul is saying that if we do all we know how to do, for as long as we can, with as many people as we can, then at the end of the day we can rest in knowing it was a job well done. AND we don't have to compare our churches, music, services, facilities (or lack of) with others. We were successful at what God had called us to.

Kind of cool. I needed that.

The other thing that messed with me was in Galatians 6:7
"Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant."

Wow! OK, so we all know that. Nothing new, BUT when was the last time you actually looked at your life and inventoried what you were sowing? I came up with four areas I am going to be looking at:

Spiritual - What am I sowing in my time with God?
Relational - What am I sowing into people around me?
Physical - What am I sowing into my body?
Professional - What am I sowing into the church?

I hope you will let those mess with you too. You WILL REAP what you sow!

Leave a comment, what are your thoughts:

No comments: