BUT, yesterday was a great day. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The weekend started off with a bang Friday night at our back to school family fun night. We had a huge 20 ft tall water slide and life size Wii. It was a blast. Tons of kids!
- Even though we were down a few guys on set up we still got it all done with a few minutes to spare and everything worked just fine.
- We had 137 which was great. 41 kids!!!
- Andre and Troy filmed a video drama with Tom and Lauren and it was hysterical! Great job!!! I will post it later this week.
- The band did an awesome job during the opening set. God was totally in it. God goosebump moment.
- We wrapped up our "Bod for God" series with communion.
- We also had a retired nurse taking blood pressure for people after the service and tons of people stuck around for that. (We need to give people a reason to stick around more often).
- We also are collecting book bags for the kids at our school where we meet and one couple dropped a check for $500 to help pay for ones we don't collect to get to 100. Another couple offered to do the same!!!
- Had 7 or 8 first time guests.
Go God!!! I can't wait to see how the momentum over the summer translates this fall once school is back in the swing of things.