Talk Like "They" Are There

One of the things I have done in the two year plus history of Church of the Suncoast is preach like "they" are there. Here is what I mean. Even in the early days when I was only speaking to a crowd of 30, 40, 50 people I spoke like we had several "They's"

I always talked to first time guests (even if it was 2 or 3, or none!)

I always talked to skeptical seekers (even if they weren't)

I always talked to singles (even if it was one person)

I always talked to people far from God

The point is even when we might not have had, or might have had only, a few "theys" I spoke like we had tons. This does several things I have learned by default:

1) It makes "them" feel comfortable

2) It tells people who we expect to have

3) It tells people who they should bring

4) "They" eventually come if you speak to them

It goes back to the old Field of Dreams principle... If you speak it, "they" will come!

Tell me what you think. Leave a comment:

No comments: