Praying for those that came forward...

On Sunday at the Suncoast we had an old fashioned invitation where I invited people who were ready to stop running / resisting God to come forward and pray at the front of the stage. It was incredible to see the people respond and take such a step of vulnerability and humility. To step out and say, "God I am not going to run anymore, I surrender."

For all of you who obeyed like Jonah did I have been praying for you this week that God would make himself real to you in tangible ways. That He would make His presence felt and His love known. I was proud of you on Sunday and you gained the respect of your friends and family and your pastor!

God is smiling :-) See you Sunday as we wrap up the story of Jonah and the "White Flag" series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this series! I never knew how "deep" Jonah's story really was. Looking forward to this Sunday!

Anonymous said...

"It's not about paying you back, it's about bringing you back"... so resonates with me!!! Thank you Jesus for loving me, in spite of myself!!! Can't wait for Sunday! Thanks for the prayers!!!