More One Prayer Stories

Here are more stories:
(See HERE for what this is all about)

My donation went to a school teacher whose school is in summer sessions due to FCAT scores that place them in danger of being closed down. The teachers\' budget is zero - the school is in one of the poorest sections of Clearwater. The teachers already use their own money to buy the children clothes.


This past Sunday my wife, daughter, and I were given $20.00 a piece to take it and INVEST in our community on a something or someone we felt it would do most good. We decided to group our funds and ($60.00) and match it with another $60.00. During this difficult economic times and so many people being un-employed, we identified a family that is unemployed and had no income for the immediate needs. We visited the family and told them of our experience with the Church of Suncoast. We also shared our financial struggles and told them that we know how difficult things can get and then gave them the envelope but also shared the message of having faith during times of uncertainty. This family was very grateful and mentioned that at the moment when they needed help the most, we knock on the door and bring this surprise. They were actually praying when we decided to visit.


I stopped up at the Shepherd Center in Tarpon Springs to see if there might be some need or special treat I could contribute to....I told them I had $40 (mine/ Mike\'s) from Church of the Suncoast\'s offering given back to us last Sunday to contribute to our community in some way this week... and we would match that with a total of $80I could just give them that amount and know that they would apply as they saw fit ...but what would be needed? .....Bus passes...I said bus passes?...yes. I have volunteered there for several years in various areas and wouldn\'t of guessed that one on my own but..I know they give them out sparingly (because they don\'t have the money to purchase) to those most in need....for dr. appts., going to shelters, filling perscription and even getting to and from the center to pick up groceries or seek help. They were very grateful and said that Suncoast ...seems to be coming through for us when we need them.....I did share with the director\'s husband about the ONE PRAYER series ...which really corresponds with the ONE NIGHT fundraiser we contributed to in April...also contributing at just the right time.


I MET A MOTHER AND HER TEENAGE DAUGHTER BUYING SUMMER CLOTHES AT GOODWILL,I GAVE THEM THE $ AND SHARED A LITTLE ABOUT THE CHURCH,THEY WERE VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE ASSISTANCE EVEN A LITTLE STUNNED

No comments: