Coaching with Tony Morgan

Today I get on a plane and head to the thriving metropolis of Anderson, South Carolina. That is joke in case you didn't know it. Tomorrow is the second of six coaching sessions with Tony Morgan AKA "The Church Strategy Guru." I have been going up there trying to get my strategy on you know. Leading strategically is something I am constantly trying to work on. I will keep working on it until we hire someone that is actually good at it. We just did a strength study in the coaching network and mine were:

Competition:
People who are especially talented in the Competition theme measure their progress against
the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.

Activator:
People who are especially talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning
thoughts into action. They are often impatient.

Belief:
People who are especially talented in the Belief theme have certain core values that are
unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.

Command:
People who are especially talented in the Command theme have presence. They can take
control of a situation and make decisions.

Responsibility:
People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership
of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and
loyalty.

As you can see there is a theme there and strategy doesn't really fit. So I am investing a little bit of time on it and then I hope to be able to turn that over to someone who has that gift so I can work on capitalizing my strengths.

Check back tomorrow for my notes from Tony's group.

No comments: