Here are some things to keep in mind if you have a secret shopper come to your church:
- Make sure they "get it" whatever "it" is for your style of church. If they are used to traditional church and hate rock music then they would not have made a good secret shopper for us. So make sure they at least fit the style church you are.
- Find someone who has never been to your church. Remember it is about fresh eyes!
- DON'T tell people you have a secret shopper coming that Sunday or else everyone will be on their best behavior. You want their regular behavior.
- Have them break down the experience into different categories like walk in, hospitality, visual, service...
- Share the feedback with your staff or key volunteers even if it hurts a little. Don't try to sugar coat the truth. This is not God's opinion, this is one persons opinion, so realize that, but let all the feedback be seen and discussed.
- Find out what things you can change easily and do them first. Then maybe take one of the big changes and work on it over a few months time. You can't "fix" everything at one time and you don't need to. Find the big ideas in the feedback.
- Don't get your feelings hurt. This is about the Kingdom, not ours!!!
Hope that helps... would love to hear what you think. Leave a comment.
Post a Comment